Now with the pandemic, we are multitasking around the house, and we need to think of ways to adapt to all of these activities. I believe that this lifestyle is not going away, as we are becoming aware of how efficient some of these habits have become.
I would like to help you with some tips on “How to make the MOST out of SMALL living spaces”:
- Declutter everything you don't necessarily need...closets, kitchen, playroom, storage, etc. | donate at thrift store or give away at your community'sbuy nothing FB group.
- Use neutral paint + natural materials... all over your house. | this way you will enjoy a great light + a fresh environment.
- Optimize + adapt + use flexible storage spaces... kitchen countertops top, laundry, shelves, toys console, benches, etc. | adapt small spaces between, on top and under furniture and ceilings.
- Make awkward spaces useful + cozy ... corner windows, dens, closets, storage spaces, etc. | give life to the unused spots around your house + create relaxing comfy studios.
- Floating furniture... tv, sport equipiment, nightstands, tables,shelves | having a clear floor will take away cleaning effort in your daily life.
- Fill the house with mirrors ... closet doors mirrors, wall mirrors. | reflect light + duplicate the perception of space.
- Transparent + pocket doors... office areas, livingrooms. | make spaces spacious by bringing natural light everywhere.
- Go vertical... for gardening, bedrooms, office, playrooms, reading areas, etc. | if you have high ceilings take this opportunity!
- Use multifunctional furniture... storage pull up beds, murphy bed, sofa beds, multi-use tablesor side tables, bookshelves as room dividers | Choose furnishings that offer maximum functionality in minimal square footage.